Keto Diet: Day One

Day one went pretty well, but I am already seeing that carbs are sneaky little bastards. They creep into the most innocuous places. I managed to stay under 50 carbs yesterday, but the spaghetti sauce in the keto friendly stuffed peppers I made killed me.

Of course, now that I think about it, it makes sense. Spaghetti sauce is kinda sweet.

I have found that I can have a cup of black coffee with heavy cream instead of breakfast. It gives me the caffeine I need, and curbs my appetite until lunchtime. If I get hungry in the morning, I'll eat a 1/4 cup of dry roasted peanuts to hold me over, but so far, so good.

I came down with a head cold, so I am hoping I can kick it in the ass before "Keto Flu" kicks in, or I will be miserable.

The Food diary is up and going, and can be viewed by clicking the Bacon Heart on the right over there.

If you are a member of myfitnesspal.com feel free to add me!

No comments :

Post a Comment