The next step....a gastric sleeve

   Well, I got my test results back. Everything was normal. I guess it's as good a time as any to let my readers know that I plan on undergoing bariatric surgery. Namely, a gastric sleeve. Regardless what some readers think, I have genuinely tried to lose weight, but unfortunately, back and hip problems have kept me from the ability to remain active. I have a pinched nerve in my back that makes my legs burn and tingle when I stand. I was also diagnosed with Lumbar Radiculopathy which is a fancy way of saying a herniated disc. Therefore I was able to obtain a letter of medical necessity and have begun the first stages of getting the surgery done.
   I know this will controversial for some readers, as not everyone agrees with bariatric surgery, but I'm not doing this for my readers, I'm doing it for my family and myself.
   Thankfully my father is helping with the red tape at the hospital while my mom helps financially. I am getting the surgery done at a non profit hospital so they will put me on a sliding scale for payments. Dr. Jones will do the surgery at NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital, and I am going to push to get it done by the end of this year, or early next year, as I already have all the paperwork done that needed to be done.
   I will pick back up on blogging, although it certainly wont be daily, I will keep the blog up to date as I go into this journey. If anyone reading this has gotten the gastric sleeve, please post your experience.

For more information on the gastric sleeve click me.

2 comments :

  1. I had a feeling you would end up doing the surgery. I think that if you have truely tried and had no success at losing by yourself then having surgery may be best. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend that had this surgery and he had success. He has a full and active life now.

    I don't remember him complaining of any problems. He also was quitting smoking and that was the only complaints I remember, he never complained about the surgery besides the normal stuff anyone would say about abdominal surgery.

    Be careful during the recovery after the surgery is very important, I would listen to every instruction from your doctor.

    I had abdominal surgery before (not gastric) and there were stair restrictions (for awhile) and lots of rest.

    Good Luck to you!

    ReplyDelete