All moved in and immobilized....

    So with the looming move last week I really wasn't looking forward to the work of starting a new job and moving in the same week. My mother told me about this local "Handyman" service that also did moving services. It was insane how little he charged. He came to the house, and then 1 hour later, all my stuff was in my apartment, and I was only out $150. Of course, I had all the small stuff moved already, so he just moved my bed, couch, loveseat, recliner, chest of drawers, washer and dryer. Here is a link to his facebook page if you are interested in moving for cheap.  Grimes Handyman Service


     So, I was lucky enough to have over to visit a few later (Friday), and we decided to go out. At about 11:30 or 12:00 we were leaving a local restaurant when I missed a step and rolled my ankle. I told Bill that I felt like I needed to go to the hospital to make sure that it wasn't broken. I went, and they told me it was a sprain and sent me home in this cute little splint.

     I say cute, because no quicker did I get home before I rolled my a second time, this time ended me up in the floor writhing and cursing. I had enough, so decided that I would just hobble to bed to sleep it off. I woke up the next morning, and my wrist and especially my ankle was KILLING me, but it looked about the same. I just took a couple of painkillers, and relaxed Saturday. I started noticing late Saturday, that my left side of the ankle hurt especially bad, and was very tender to the touch, but I dismissed it as just tender from the sprain. Sunday, it hurt even worse, and I noticed my foot was swelling as well. This is what I ended up with before deciding to go back to the ER.

     I went back last night, and explained the second rolling of my ankle, so they did X-Ray's again, and found "Severe Ligamenture Damage" and gave me a referral to an orthopedic surgeon stating that it was actually a bad enough sprain that it could require surgery and a cast. They can't do anything until the swelling goes down more, so I am sure hoping that no surgery needs to be done.

Gracie got some spring pictures that are just adorable. Of course she does look like me....I'm kidding of course (kinda)

Here are Gracie's most up to date pictures.











No comments :

Post a Comment