I'm no Charity Case....

     Well, apparently the hospital has decided to not grant me the charity bariatric surgery. I haven't heard the "official" word from the hospital, but a birdie told me it is likely a no-go. I was upset to hear it, but my family has re-assured me that this is just a bump in the road, and they were going to make sure this happens for me.
     Apparently, if I would have been approved, I would have been the first person approved for a charity surgery of this kind, as bariatric surgery is typically labeled as "elective". Even though I had letters of medical necessity it scared the hospital to pull the trigger on it for fear that they would be flooded with applicants such as myself. Apparently letters of medical necessity are very easy to come by.
     I suppose I will have to do it the hard way and attempt to afford medical insurance for myself. The insurance where I work is mostly affordable, but with the separation and pending divorce, I'm scared to lose the extra income at the moment. I have applied for a couple of higher paying positions within my company, and I am praying those come through. In the meantime, I'm open to suggestions.
     I haven't weighed myself in over a month, but I think I have lost some weight since I started working on my feet again.

I'm not giving up! I'm just as determined as ever to get this surgery done, and when my family stands behind me, I ALWAYS get what I need. We are a persistent bunch.

3 comments :

  1. Awe, I was hoping it was a big GO for you... but I do have that alternative I mentioned for you before... if your at all interested.. inbox me and i"ll tell all... this is huge, and a miracle program.its just sitting here waiting for you my friend.. keep the old chin up and the luck will rain down on you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you have health insurance plans, Everything will be fine. Just wait for the perfect timing. You can have your surgery soon.

    ReplyDelete