Random thoughts and ramblings....

    I have been suffering from writer's block lately. I don't really know if its because nothing of interest has really happened lately (at least that I can write about) or if its laziness. So, I decided to use this as a "free write" opportunity. I remember in school, I use to hate the stupid free write journal. Now, its kind of my thing.
    Since the split, I have really met some interesting people, and I have realized that in the 6 yrs I was married, there was a world outside my living room. A world where people exist other than those in my home. And not all those people drive me insane. I have often said in the past that I easily tire of certain personalities, but now I find myself drawn to all types of people. It's kind of a keen curiosity or intrigue. I wonder if the recent past has kind of opened my mind a little bit. Maybe it has broadened my horizons. At any rate, I find myself actually enjoying being around other people, or maybe I have just had really good luck lately notwithstanding a couple of "Dollar Store Surprises" as Dad would so eloquently put it. Hopefully one day, I can be completely candid with my readers, but with a blog, unfortunately come some degree of responsibility and professionalism. Especially with more and more people learning to google others. Whether it be somebody you are planning on dating, or someone that wants to hire you....
    
I do have a funny story to share.....I was at the Doc the other day and decided maybe I could kill 2 birds with one stone and go ahead and get tested for uglies. So, I asked the doc.."Can you go ahead and draw extra blood and check for nasties". Oddly he knew exactly what I meant. It's not exactly like I am promiscuous, but I feel everyone should be tested occasionally, and I hadn't been tested in a while. He said "sure we can do that" followed by a series of very embarrassing and awkward questions about my manbits. Upon answering his onslaught of horrific questions and scenarios he wrote a very prominent HIV on my chart, and told me he would bring me back a prescription for the bronchitis and have the blood guy come get me. I remember thinking when I looked at my chart. "wow", could he have said something more along the lines of HIV Test. A few minutes later he came in with my script and handed me off to the blood guy, who at this point I was convinced thought I had HIV due to the doctors note. He took me over to the counter and added a page to my chart for the lab. Prominently displayed at the bottom he wrote HIV. I remember thinking, what the hell are they doing that for, I have had 1 sexual partner in 6 years! I already know I don't have it, but I'm doing my due diligence by getting tested, and I feel like they are assuming I have it. 
  Anyhoo, They did the test, and gave me my bill (which had HIV written on it, by the way) and told me that my results would be back on Fri. I thought, wow, that's quick. I'll tell you a secret....no matter how sure you are that you don't have it, it seems like an ETERNITY to wait for the results. I called on Fri about 5:30, and no results. They then told me that it would be Monday before I heard anything. I thought dammit!!! I gotta wait all weekend for this! LONGEST...WEEKEND....EVER.
  After a call and a trip to the hospital (because the Dr.'s office wouldn't call me back), I find out its negative (of course), but I don't doctors realize exactly how hard it is to wait for a test result of that magnitude. It was then that I remembered why it had been so long since I was tested. 
   
   On a completely separate note. I have been trying to get into a position to get moved out into my own place again, not because I'm necessarily bothered by my Mom and Step-Dad, but because I'm just ready to have my own place. Unfortunately, I can't do it with my current salary, so I have had my feelers out. I had an interview today with a company in Paragould that has worlds of potential. If I am able to get the job, I will be faced with the unfortunate task of leaving my current place of employment. That is going to be difficult to do since they are all like family to me. I would love to stay at FedEx, but I need to move somewhere within the company in order to get the salary I would need to be comfortable with living on my own again. 
   I feel like the interview went well today, and the ladies that interviewed me could not have been nicer. The interview was relaxed and I felt like it was just casual conversation. I can only hope, I didn't get too casual during my interview, but they definitely made me comfortable. The place has a free on site gym and personal trainer, so that is also a plus. 
   I learned recently that there are people out there that are genuinely good hearted people. People that are easy to talk to and aren't afraid to listen. I feel like that is something I haven't had in a while. Actual intelligent conversation is hard to come by these days, but since I have started getting out of the house making myself more available and open to people I am seeing that these kind people are all over. I will assume these people know who they are, and I would like to say thanks for listening, and taking an interest. It's nice to speak to someone objectively who is outside of the family.

No comments :

Post a Comment