2012: Off to a good start....

    Here it is, March 15th, and so far 2012 is shaping up to be a better year than 2011. Things were relatively slow in January and February. It was more of a time of change and adjustment to my new lifestyle. I made a few new friends, and remembered exactly why it was so great living on my own. Not that Mom and Terry haven't been gracious, but I hate coming home late and trying to sneak around as to not disturb them.
   I met and befriended a really great lady in late January, and have hung out with her some, but my time has been been sparse due to a crazy work schedule at FedEx. I knew that I would soon have to start looking for a new job, because frankly, FedEx wasn't opening doors as quickly as I would have hoped, and I had to get out on my own again, so I could get on with my life. I started papering the town with my resume, and had a few hopeful interviews here and there that just didn't pan out.
    The first week in March I put my resume in at a local Non-Profit Counseling Clinic called Mid-South Health Systems. I put in for the "IT Helpdesk Coordinator" position. I knew it was a non-profit organization, and honestly I had turned them down for a previous position due to it being part time, and less pay than I was willing to accept. I got called within 2 days for an interview with the Manager of the Dept, and when I went in to meet him, I was very warmly greeted, and immediately felt at ease around him. It may have been the action figures on his desk, or our talk about the love of classic game Runescape. I did know however, that at that moment, I wanted to work someone like this. It's the first manager I have had in a VERY long time that I felt I had something in common with in the real world. I made sure to really express my interest in working for him, and letting him know that I felt I would get along well with the team. A couple days later I got an email from HR wanting to know if they could call references, and then an email from my manager asking for more info, and I kind of started to get the idea that they were going to hire me.
     Monday (12th) rolled around and I showed up for divorce court (with no voice due to strep) and finalized my divorce. So I was officially single again! Then on Wednesday I got a call from MSHS offering me the position, and offered me close to what I was making at Smurfit-Stone before the lay-off. Here is the kicker. MSHS offered me the position EXACTLY ONE YEAR TO THE DAY after my lay off from Smurfit! I thought that was rather strange.
     So, now I have a WONDERFUL job, I can move out on my own again (comfortably), I can get my kids on the weekends (because I work Mon-Fri now), I can visit friends and family on the weekends I don't have the kids, I can go to Xander's ball games. I can't tell you how excited I am. Getting this job offer completely changed my life. I know it sounds cliche, but I can finally breathe again, and be independent. Although, I have NEVER lived by myself. I have always either had a room mate or a live in gf/fiancee/spouse.

 I may need to get a cat....I've already decided to name him Mr. Bigglesworth, and call him Biggles, or maybe Biggs.

No comments :

Post a Comment