Time to get back on track...

     As most of my readers will know, I have been a taking a hiatus from the weight loss end of things since deciding to quit Paxil. I did so under the instruction of my Dr. I finally feel like I am getting back to feeling like myself. In fact, I have heard it from others as well. They say that I seem more like my old self now. Truthfully, I am starting to feel the same way.
     Granted, some withdrawal symptoms are hanging around a little longer than others, hence my posting this blog at 2AM. The Brain Zaps are still present, but they are much less often, and not as debilitating as they were. Seeing as how I am feeling so much better, I think it's time to get back on the wagon with the weight loss journey.
    To kick off this journey on the right foot, I will not be playing Halo this weekend at all starting immediately, and Amanda will attest to this. I will be active tomorrow, by cleaning out the garage, and doing some things around the house that have been neglected over the last month.
    A necessity for this to work is a stable bedtime schedule. I have gotten the go ahead from the doctor to switch from Klonopin to Ambien to help with sleep, and I will be in bed by 1AM on a nightly basis, and up by 9-10AM. This is going to be difficult especially since the worst withdrawal effect I am having is insomnia.
     Starting tomorrow, I will begin my detox. I will have 1 gallon of Green Tea (lightly sweetened with Splenda) and 1 gallon of water. I will then begin my diet and exercise diary again on Monday. This means that my diet starts Monday! You have my word that I will update my food/exercise diary EVERY SINGLE DAY.
     I appreciate everyone's support, and I'll need to continue to receive it to be successful, so keep it up!!!

1 comment :

  1. 1 o clock in the a.m. is not good as is sleeping late thereafter.
    How is your body expected to cope with the post office work if you need to be up precisely halfway into rem sleep?

    Getting off the xbox for a while is a good move, if you play it at all over coming weeks time it out make it early, part of the dysfunction & non drowsiness will be down to winding your mind up via xbox.

    A gallon of liquid is a lot of fluid intake so be realistic as to what is comfortable & do-able, sweating it out is probably faster than drinking it out, both of which require liquid intake.
    I've really wondered though most of all why the medicinal medley all the time? ..have you not even tried a few nights of say sugar coated chamomile tablets or similar? ..I'm somewhat sensitive to a variety of tablets & can be knocked for 6 & sleep for 12hr on some, so I try to steer clear, however several hoemeopathic remedies work well for all our family even as a top up on existing tablets, tend not to leave you feeling muzzy upon waking either!

    ..not talking chemist bought foil wrapped concoctions, more the tiny sugar coated balls weleda sell, for me they've been cheap & effective, plus i'm safe in the knowledge that my daughter can have them if she has a rough night.

    ReplyDelete