Santa is real, and my landlord is a douchebag....

IDIOT EDIT: I uploaded the correct video now.....

I received a special message from Santa. I didn't think he was real, but this evidence is overwhelming. I'm a believer. He even knew my name!

Now, if only he delivers the $1,000,000 in unmarked bills I asked for. I won't kill his elf.

(if you want to make your own video, you can do so HERE.) They are free to make and view online, and you can purchase an HD download for $7






So, on another note, let me rant.

My ex landlord has really turned out to be a total douchebag. Now, normally I try not to talk down to people, but he deserves it, and it will make me feel better.
     When Amanda and I decided to split, I called him up and told him the situation, and explained that we would need to break the lease. He explained that if we left the house in satisfactory condition, he would just keep the security deposit, and call it even Steven as long as we were out by the 15th. It sounded good to me, but I had very little to move. In fact, the only thing I took was Xander's things, my recliner, and the majority of the electronics. Amanda had a hard time getting ahold of a truck so it was the 15th and she was finishing up moving. I called the landlord and asked for an extra day to clean the house, and he said NO. I have real estate people coming to look at the house. At this point, I was like "well, its his fault".
     A few days later he calls me and tells me the house is gross, and there is trash out in the storage area, and we didn't take the can out to the end of the driveway for pickup. He also complained that we didn't give him back all his keys, and said that the attorneys that handle the trust are looking into their options "legally". I explained that he had the chance to let us clean, and that we gave him all the keys we had, but he insisted. He said he was going to have to replace all the locks in the house, and hire a cleanup crew to haul off what was left in storage. I explained that I would be happy to accommodate by cleaning out storage, and Amanda would be happy to handle the interior of the house if he would allow to get the keys.
     So, I cleaned out the storage building spotless, and Amanda worked for 2 days cleaning the inside of the house. She scrubbed baseboards, windowsills, floors, toilets, shower, tubs...you name it. I then get another text from him today claiming that he can't tell anything had been done to the house.
     I explained to him that I felt like he was being difficult and looking for something to complain about. I decided to fight fire with fire since he is trying to sell the house. I kindly explained to him that he would have a difficult time selling the house due to the black mold in it. I explained that we had every right to move out because it was a health hazard. I told him I was done dealing with him, we no longer had business. I never heard back from him. Not sure if its a good sign or not.

   
It will be interesting if he takes us to court, especially since we only had 2 months left in our agreement. Some people are just out to make an extra dollar. Never mind that we always did good by him. We repainted door facings, replaced bathroom fixtures, the mailbox, bathroom molding, and never asked a thing in return, except to fix the plumbing in the bathroom so it didn't constantly smell like poo.

Christmas is upon us, and all my shopping is done, and I am broke as hell. I did something very special for my father this year, and I just know he is going to love it. I wish I could spill the beans now, but he typically reads  my blog, so it would spoil it. I certainly hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas, and I am going to try my damnedest to have a happy Christmas this year. At least I don't have anyone to nag at me all day this year. I think this is the first year I have ever been single for Christmas (that I can think of). I'm going to enjoy my children and go at my own pace.

Warmest Holiday Wishes from Big FAT Loser!


(Get it "warm wishes"....Santa is on fire) 
I kill myself sometimes.

1 comment :

  1. Merry Christmas! I'm glad to see you trying to be happy! Enjoy yourself this holiday with your 2 sweet babies! May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete