Just some random stuff...

     I just wanted to talk about some things that didn't make into the videos over the past few days. I hope you guys are enjoying the youtube videos as much as we enjoy making them. I am currently trying to get in touch with a gentleman that does caricatures to make a new banner for the site. Not that there is anything wrong with the one that Amanda made. I just think it should include the rest of the family.
     I still haven't heard back from the US postal service on my job app. The postmaster of Lake City promised me an interview, but she says they have to wait on a hiring packet from the main office. Im kinda holding out on looking for a job until I hear from them. I really would like to find something part time so I can finish school. 
     Lauren will be coming over on Friday night to spend the night with us, so I should be able to get some good footage for youtube. You never know what that girl is likely to do! 
   Im still waiting for my back to get better, and I still haven't been able to go to the gym like I would like to. I hate that. I feel like Im letting everyone down, but when you go from never exercising to exercising, you are likely to sustain injury. I  promise you guys that Im really not making excuses. In case you missed the youtube video, the docs found out that I have scoliosis and a problem with my l-5, s-1 joint. The problem with the joint is causing the muscles around it to inflame and have spasms, which is incredibly painful.
     I recently came back into contact with an old high school friend, and its like we never even quit talking. She is also really hitting it off with Amanda which amazes me, because Amanda is alot like me in that people easily annoy her. We are really looking forward to seeing you, Micah! Hopefully we can all get together real soon.

Thats all I have for now. Keep reading, following, and watching!

P.S. Even though I said I was swearing off shaving and cutting my hair, I decided to go ahead and get my hair cut tomorrow, so I can actually do something with it!! Ill keep the beard going though!

3 comments :

  1. hitting heavy in the snacks & missing proper meals, endeavour to turn that around RJ.

    Also I cannot see much in the way of vegetables in proper form, not even baked potatoes..rich in fibre & vitamins.
    try a spinach mascapone (home made) on a fecent size crispy baked spud.
    I am concerned that you are eating junk fast food most days, this sort of food simply isn't good for your physical or mental well being. fast food should be an occasional treat, not an every day occurance.
    for instance our daughter probably only gets a mcdonalds or similar every 3 months, it's a treat not fall back laziness food.
    I'd recommend you watch mogan spurlocks film
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me

    a valuable lesson learnt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So with your dodgy back what is your back up form of exercise?
    You need to do something, anything, the more weight you get off the better things will be, plan non gym exercise.
    There can be exercise without paying membership, even if it's a walk out with Gracie in a buggy & a picnic, get some form of movement & coax your body into life, exercise isn't all full tilt.
    Garden work, is a fine form of exercise..
    Handwashing your car with a bucket & sponge is exercise..

    See what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rj, do me a favour & make this recipe to go with a good old fashioned CRISPY skinned baked potatoe.
    You can substitute a bit to make it a bit leaner, however for a good topping & excellent veg this excels, ...I was not a fan of spinach till I had it like this, then I changed forever, feel i've missed on a good thing!
    I'd also like to see you growing a few veg, your own tomatoes (simple & productive sweet miniature varieties,,Izzy has them most days in her lunch (in season) ..you have plenty of warmth out your way after all!

    & maybe a pumpkin or 3 to add to the blog, progress & eat laterprior to disemboweling it for a certain event! ..a few growbags & you will be away! ..looking at your food blog to date (not 100% filled admittedly) it appears a major component thats missing is VEG, ..i'd be miserable without veg, whats the family doing in terms of general consumption? ..after all your efforts are a chance to improve your childrens health as well as having dad around longer.
    Be a food explorer! ..proper food.

    http://homecooking.about.com/od/dipandspreadrecipes/r/blapp107.htm

    ReplyDelete