Social Networking...not as easy as you think.

   Ever since BFL started, I have been trying to get my name out on the social network realm. My blog got off to a great start, and has already had over 2000 hits. After that it seems like it just kind of hit a plateau. I have followed the proverbial book to the letter on starting a blog. I have Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Youtube...
   Then I realized...The ONLY thing that can make you successful is a loyal fanbase. If you project into the correct social network media, the word can spread fast. Just look at Shaycarl. Watching him is what made me decide to start blogging. My life isn't even close to as busy as his is, but I try my best to deliver quality content.
   Sometimes I feel like I'm bitching too much. Like I think I have it harder than anyone else in my position. If this is how I come across to you, it isn't my intention. I understand that everyone has their own unique problems, and their own unique way of dealing with them. Mine just happens to be blogging.
   I just want to take this opportunity to say thanks to my followers, and ask that you please help BFL reach the starts by telling your friends about me! This is going to be an amazing journey, and I would like to share that with my fans.
   You can help by retweeting my tweets, and suggesting my FB page to your friends!

Thanks again for your continued support!

-RJ

4 comments :

  1. You also have to be engaging and interactive with other bloggers/twitters/fb users to have them a reason to come back & visit.

    It's also to cool to read a little bit more than just about yr weight loss journey since there is more than actually losing but gaining health and self of self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Alejandra said. No one wants to follow someone who only tweets their blog posts or "hey re-tweet me so I can get more followers". You have to interact and have something more interesting to say.

    Also it is a little annoying that you seem to only be in it to have a popular blog. I am not sure what the point is there. If it is to get your Lapband surgery financed, I think you might be better off just trying to save what you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest RJ you have not exactly, contrary to the blogs name & implied path said or done much about losing weight, on your blog at least.
    So much so that i'm wondering why i'm here, maybe in the hope that you'll fill in the exercise & food diary regularly, as it stands we've seen you go out to eat but not much else.
    That in itself throws a shadow over the blogs purpose & end game.
    To date I have learnt what the inside of a Chili's looks like & another restaurant, & your mom's old & new house.
    In the entry point to one of your blogs,the start frame appears to be Amanda at the sink chopping a shed load of veg , but when I start it it's nothing of the kind.
    I cannot help but think you are trying to entertain only.
    Plus you're uploading on youtube (2x video blogs missing) & again not updating here, the portal to everything in essence, which is a bit like spending time on the shop then closing it but leaving a rummage basket outside the door.
    seems to defeat the purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title says it all. People want to see others have it just as hard as they do so they will feel better about their lives!

    ReplyDelete