Mail Call!

   I missed my blog yesterday, mostly because I've been in a drug induced stupor for 2 days trying to let my back heal. The meds mostly just make me sleepy, and VERY slow. They do help my back, but I'm tired of being high all day. Not to mention the muscle relaxers make my mouth dry, and it tastes like a cat shit in my mouth. It does not matter how many times I brush my teeth.
  Then yesterday Amanda asked if I had seen the mail box, and when I went outside, I found this.
Some douchebag apparently hit my mailbox. It was just barely attached and hanging backwards, and when I attempted to turn it around, it fell off and landed on my next to last toe, and knocked off about half of my toenail. You talk about painful! Luckily I was already on pain meds for my back, so it didn't hurt as bad as it could have. My toe is looking pretty gross this morning, but I'll spare you from any pictures.
   It sucks because I'm expecting a letter from the unemployment office regarding my approval for benefits. It was going to be an issue because of my severance pay, so I still don't know when to expect my first check. I just got off of the phone with the Post office, and the driver is going to hand deliver my mail today, but I am going to have to get a hold put on it until I can get the box fixed. The problem is that the wooden post is buried up in the sidewalk, so what the hell am I suppose to do?? I just left a message for the landlord.
   I was playing Halo with Xander last night, and he sucked so bad, that Bungie thought I had my guest signed in and was AFK and banned me from earning credits! Of course I pitched a fit with Bungie, but it didn't make a damn bit of difference. Its sad that you cant even play Halo online unless you can get kills. Not sure how long the ban is going to last.
   Im not entirely sure what the family has planned for today, probably nothing...my back is still hurting, but I can tell a difference in how it feels. I feel bad because I haven't been to the gym, but I have been really watching my portions.
   We have Xander until Sunday, so its going to be nice to spend some extra time with him. Its just too bad that I dont have the cash to do anything interesting with him. We may try to go visit some family....Ill update you guys later.

1 comment :

  1. One of my ways out of eating crappy Mcdonalds & all that jazz was finding a reason to hate the company, looked into what it was doing, (de-forestation etc back in the 80's) & started to call them "Toucan Burgers" ..I loved the forests as they were in preference to a globalised same taste burger with bugger all benefits.

    It was a small concession & increased my ability to seek out better quality healthier food whilst staying well away form the tempting greasepits.
    Learn to Hate some foods to back up your desire not to eat it! ..may sound strange, but avoiding 800 pointless calories once per week mounts up in your favour!
    (only just learnt how to post on your blog so my initial comment will remain on my p.c. till I retrieve it & break it down into smaller portions)
    Gastric band? .....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd be more depressed after, gotta increase your own resolve to succeed!

    ReplyDelete