Paging Dr. Golden....


   I just got back from the Dr...I went for my back and my thumb. He couldn't tell me exactly why my thumb was swollen, but was able to tell me it was nothing to worry about. When I first went in, my blood pressure was 148/100. I about had a stroke when they told me (no pun intended). The nurses told me it was very high, and I couldn't figure out why, because I dont typically have high BP. Then I happened to remember that I chugged an Amp Energy drink (sugar free/diet). Doc said that mixed with the lower back pain caused the high blood pressure. I gotta stop drinking those things. I don't drink them as often anymore, but I guess I need to stop all together.
   The doc said that the back injury was actually a hip injury, likely caused by excessive use of the recumbent bike from Friday....ahhhh sweet irony. I finally get off my ass and go to the gym, and I hurt myself so I cant go back for a while. He suggested swimming, but we have no nice places to swim in town, so I guess ill just try to hold off. He prescribed me Flexoril for muscle spasms, Tylox for pain, and some anti inflammatory which he says will likely help my thumb. He said to take 2 flexoril because of my size, and I took a stab at him. I accused him of calling me fat, and he immediately got defensive. I can never miss an opportunity to make someone feel awkward. Especially when its a professional like Dr. Golden. I told him I was kidding, and he seemed to be at least slightly amused. At any rate, I thought it was funny.
   I feel like when I see Golden, he actually takes the time to personalize the experience and answer my questions. Its almost as if he takes a personal interest. I know he likely doesn't but it says something about a doctor when you can leave the office and feel that way. I hate to be mean, but I honestly never realized just how bad of a Doctor that I was seeing before. I wont mention his name, but I will say that he works at NEA Clinic on Hilltop.
   I guess for now, I will just continue to play Halo: Reach, which come to think of it, is probably the cause of the thumb injury. :-)

P.S. If anyone wants to play Reach with me, my GamerTag is The Dreddge. I pwn n00bs. Just kidding....

No comments :

Post a Comment